Best Selling Ereader
- All-New, High-Contrast E Ink Screen – 50% better contrast with latest E Ink Pearl technology
- Read in Bright Sunlight – No glare
- New and Improved Fonts – New crisper, darker fonts
- New Sleek Design – 21% smaller body while keeping the same 6" size reading area
- 17% Lighter – Only 8.5 ounces, weighs less than a paperback
- Battery Life of Up to Two Months – A single charge lasts up to two months with wireless off .
- Double the Storage – Up to 3,500 books !
- Built-In Wi-Fi – Shop and download books in less than 60 seconds
- 20% Faster Page Turns – Seamless reading
- Enhanced PDF Reader – With dictionary lookup, notes, and highlights
- WebKit-Based Browser – Browse the web over Wi-Fi (experimental)
- Read-To-Me: With the experimental Text-to-Speech feature, Kindle can read newspapers, magazines, blogs, and books out loud to you, unless the book's rights holder made the feature unavailable.
- Free Book Samples: Download and read first chapters for free before you decide to buy
- Voice Guide: With Text-to-Speech, Kindle can read out loud to you. New Text-to-Speech enabled menus allow customers to navigate Kindle without having to read menu options. In addition to listening to books aloud, users now have the option of listening to content listings on the home screen, item descriptions, and all menu options. To turn Voice Guide on or off, press the Menu button from your Home screen. Select Settings and then press Next Page to go to Page 2 of Settings. Select "turn on" or "turn off" next to the Voice Guide setting.
- WebKit-Based Browser: Kindle's web browser is based on WebKit to provide a better web browsing experience. Now it's easier than ever to find the information you're looking for right from your Kindle. Experimental web browsing is free to use over Wi-Fi
- Listen to Music & Podcasts: Transfer MP3 files to Kindle to play as background music while you read. You can quickly and easily transfer MP3 files via USB by connecting Kindle to your computer.
- Large Selection: Over 360,000 books, including 101 of 112 New York Times® Best Sellers, plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines, and blogs. For non-U.S. customers, content availability and pricing will vary
- Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases are $9.99, unless marked otherwise. When traveling abroad, you can download books wirelessly from the Kindle Store or your Archived Items. U.S. customers will be charged a fee of $1.99 for international downloads.
Are you an avid reader of eBooks? Here is good news for you. Amazon has come up with its third generation of eBook reader that will perfectly suit your taste—the Amazon Kindle 3. Before you get lured into impulsive buying of iPads and tablets, just take some time to read this amazon kindle 3 review so you can be properly guided in buying. Basically this amazon kindle 3 review will focus on the hardware and software, as well as the traditional and brand new features of this third generation Kindle.
First, the Kindle 3 is actually recommended by a number of experts. It gets 4.5 to 5 star ratings in almost all reviews that you can find in the Web. In fact, it is the most hyped eBook reader of 2010. And since it is third generation, you are assured of a very refined product.
Among the features that caught the attention of many is its screen which has an increase of 50 percent in terms of contrast ratio as opposed to its predecessors. It has a 6-inch reading area. In fact, some even say that it is the best eReader screen they ever encountered.
It is also very small. Its body is 21 percent smaller than previous versions of the Kindle. You can actually place it size by size with a small paperback or pocketbook and they are just of the same size; only the pocketbook or paperback is thicker.
Adding to its small size is its very light weight. Together, they make the Kindle 3 very portable as compared to other eBook readers especially tablets and iPads.
Its improved battery life is also a boost to the Kindle 3. Now, you can enjoy using it for a month without having to charge it. But if you are using your wireless, the battery can last only up to 10 days.
Another hit you would see if you read an amazon kindle 3 review is the 20 percent increase in the speed of page turns. You can also enjoy three new font choices. The standard and condensed Caecilia font, and sans serif.
Alongside these brand new features of the Kindle 3 are of course the traditional features of all generations of Kindle—free wireless, text to speech feature and social networking feature. Together, they take the Kindle 3 at levels higher than its competitors.
It has two versions—the wi-fi only version, and the version with 3G. You do not have much choice in color for the wi-fi only version because it comes in black alone. The 3G version, on the other hand comes in gray and black.
Its low price has also been commended by a couple of amazon kindle 3 review. It seems to be targeting the masses. It is very affordable at around $139 USD for the wi-fi version.
This is just one amazon kindle 3 review. You can search more of this and other expert opinions. But for many who have actually tried it, the Amazon Kindle 3 is perfect for the dedicated eBook reader in you.
Kindle 3 Vs Kindle 2
Kindle 3 improves on the Kindle 2 in numerous ways -
- New eInk Pearl Screen with 50% better contrast. Kindle 3 has the new eInk screen (which the DX 2 has) and also software improvements (which DX 2 doesn’t). The contrast is much better than Kindle 2. Side by side Kindle 3 blew away Kindle 2.
- $189 Price – Kindle 3 manages to stay at $189 despite the improvements.
- WiFi Support - Kindle 3 has both WiFi and 3G. There’s free book browsing and buying at AT&T WiFi hotspots. There’s also a Kindle WiFi for $139 (my Kindle WiFi Review) although the only difference is the lack of free 3G in Kindle WiFi.
- Lighter, Thinner, and Smaller – Comparing the weights of the Kindle 2 and Kindle 3 was a revelation. It’s 8.7 ounces and feels lighter. It’s also 21% smaller and will fit a coat pocket or a small clutch purse. It’s thinner than the Kindle 2 and the tininess is a bit disconcerting.
- 3 Font Types, Sharper Fonts - Kindle 3 added sans-serif and condensed fonts to the Caecilia serif font. There’s also talk of making fonts sharper via waveform technology that flew over my head.
- 1 Month Battery Life - Yes, you read that right. It’s ‘up to 1 month’ with wireless off and up to 10 days with wireless on.
- Improved PDF Reader - You can add notes and highlights to PDFs, use the Dictionary, and access password protected PDFs.
- Accessibility via Text to Speech for Menus, Home Page – Kindle 3 reads home page lists, item descriptions, and menus to you. Add on the supersize fonts and it’s great for blind readers and low vision readers.
- Quieter Page Turn Buttons - Yup, no more getting cursed at when you’re reading in bed. Easier to push too - though the ends wrap around the edge and it’ll take some adjusting.
- Double the Memory – You can now store 3,500 books and it’ll soften the pain of not having an SD card slot.
It’s a solid set of additions and it makes the Kindle 3 amazing. Amazon keeping the price at $189 makes the Kindle 3 ridiculously good value for money.